Happy seasonably warm Friday to you! This morning was a great one for riding to work. Spring is right around the corner! Here’s all the news from the world of Toronto cycling from the past week, as well as what’s been active in the forums.
On Sat. Feb 13, Dufferin Grove Park was the scene for “Icycle 2010″ – the annual Ice Bike Races put on by Derek Chadbourne of the Bike Joint. We’ve collected a whole bunch of videos and photo collections of the evening for you. (check them out)
Our city’s plans to have an extensive network of cheap rentable bikes all over downtown in 2010 is in danger due to start-up costs. Putting an estimated $15 million into something that most of the electorate (unfortunately) sees as a “fringe” transportation option has politicians and city staff a little apprehensive during this election year. Here’s a rundown of the situation as well as how you can help.
Blogs: Duncan’s City Ride
- BikeHugger Huggcast 134 from Vancouver 2010 Olympics
- The Bike-Sharing World Map
- Safety Overkill
- Cycling is an Inspiration for Toronto Author
- Angles Morts – Blind Spots
- The solution to winter snow and slush – a “track” bike
- A few pics from Vancouver 2010 Olympic Tweed Ride
- In Vancouver: More Places to Park Your Bicycle
- The Tyee Looks at MakerCulture and BikeCamp
- Globe Live 1 Review by my girlfriend!
Blogs: Photo of the Day
- Sidewalk Parking
- Overnight Parking
- Trolls Under the Bridge
- Winter Riding on the Don River
- Just Chill
- Plaid Tattoos
- Pretty in Pink
New in the Forums:
- Leslie to the Lake corridor
- Safety Versus Comfort
- Is Toronto Bike-Sharing in Trouble?
- Judge Rules Bike Groups Must Get Parade Permits for Critical Mass
- BikeMonth Event Submissions
- Bikeway Network Downtown 2010 Program
- Bay and Front Intersection Suggestions
- Toronto Man Invents Wind-Resistant “Bra” for Bike Handlebars
- Bicycle thief Kenk’s assault charges stayed
- Leslie Street Meeting Notes