A Toronto Police officer who parked his cruiser in a bike lane to get his lunch is getting no love from his superiors, who are coming down hard on his “stupid” and “unacceptable” actions.
On Sunday,the Sun witnessed a city cop sitting inside the Grillway Cafe, at Runnymede Rd. and Annette St., while his cruiser was blocking a bike lane on Annette.
The officer was parked there for at least 20 minutes before leaving the cafe with a can of pop and a paper lunch bag.
But instead of protecting their own, Toronto Police brass called the officer’s parking actions “stupid” and “unacceptable.”
[image of copcar in bikelane at Runnymede and Annette taken Fri, Nov. 20 from MyBikeLane.com]
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”