Ok, the headline of this post is a little misleading. I have plenty of complaints about cycling in Toronto. And, if you read BlogTO, you know that there’s a list and growing discussion of even more gripes going on there.
But… and this is a big BUT… nothing outweighs the benefits of cycling in Toronto…
We have trails through ravines!
We have a growing bike lane network!
We’re busting cops for parking in bike lanes!
We have a cyclists union!
We look damn good on our bikes!
We have more than 70 bike shops in Toronto!
However, I do have one big complaint… and boy-oh-boy is it a doosie!
There are simply not enough cyclists in Toronto.
That’s it, that’s my complaint.
Some days it’s just so lonely. I know there are thousands upon thousands of cyclists around. But, I want to see more… don’t you?
Join the discussion in the BikingToronto Forum
Photo via the BikingToronto Flickr Pool
Explore more posts like this:Recommended Lights
Duncans City Ride: My One and Only Cycling Complaint about Toronto
November 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- FACEPALM: Old man yells at bicycles, and fish
- DO IT! Take a survey; help Toronto plan cycling infrastructure
- OH YEAH! Cycle Toronto’s #BloorLovesBikes campaign is here and it’s awesome
- NEWS: Car Columnist has trouble remembering bicycle turn signals; bitches about it
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists are feeling the construction crunch
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Utility poles installed in middle of Queens Quay bike lane
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists have hearts of gold (still)
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Great new brickwork on Queens Quay multi-use path
- OH YEAH: 5 quick fixes that would bring cycling in T.O. into the 21st century
- HOW TO: Surviving city cycling