Ok, the headline of this post is a little misleading. I have plenty of complaints about cycling in Toronto. And, if you read BlogTO, you know that there’s a list and growing discussion of even more gripes going on there.
But… and this is a big BUT… nothing outweighs the benefits of cycling in Toronto…
We have trails through ravines!
We have a growing bike lane network!
We’re busting cops for parking in bike lanes!
We have a cyclists union!
We look damn good on our bikes!
We have more than 70 bike shops in Toronto!
However, I do have one big complaint… and boy-oh-boy is it a doosie!
There are simply not enough cyclists in Toronto.
That’s it, that’s my complaint.
Some days it’s just so lonely. I know there are thousands upon thousands of cyclists around. But, I want to see more… don’t you?
Join the discussion in the BikingToronto Forum
Photo via the BikingToronto Flickr Pool
Explore more posts like this:Recommended Lights
Duncans City Ride: My One and Only Cycling Complaint about Toronto
November 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH! GO launches 2015 biketrain service to Niagara
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto answers Star readers’ biking questions
- NEWS: Toronto triathlete struck in hit-and-run
- TODAY: Toronto Star LiveChat with Cycle Toronto’s Jared Kolb
- NEWS: Trucks fitted with new guard could save cyclists’ lives
- READ: Is the pro-bike helmet argument based on faulty research?
- NEWS: Richmond bike lane dismantled with film office OK
- NEWS: Toronto allows Bell to use bike lane as parking lot
- INFRASTRUCTURE: The Richmond Cycle Track removed in favour of film shoot
- FACEPALM: Is Bell Media removing part of the Richmond Cycle Track?