Ok, the headline of this post is a little misleading. I have plenty of complaints about cycling in Toronto. And, if you read BlogTO, you know that there’s a list and growing discussion of even more gripes going on there.
But… and this is a big BUT… nothing outweighs the benefits of cycling in Toronto…
We have trails through ravines!
We have a growing bike lane network!
We’re busting cops for parking in bike lanes!
We have a cyclists union!
We look damn good on our bikes!
We have more than 70 bike shops in Toronto!
However, I do have one big complaint… and boy-oh-boy is it a doosie!
There are simply not enough cyclists in Toronto.
That’s it, that’s my complaint.
Some days it’s just so lonely. I know there are thousands upon thousands of cyclists around. But, I want to see more… don’t you?
Join the discussion in the BikingToronto Forum
Photo via the BikingToronto Flickr Pool
Explore more posts like this:Recommended Lights
Duncans City Ride: My One and Only Cycling Complaint about Toronto
November 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- REVIEW: Bike to Work Day 2015
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT – Fri, June 19: Welcome Back Queens Quay! Let’s Ride the Waterfront
- NEWS: Cyclist suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle in Rosedale
- NEWS: Bikes and cars: Where are cyclists allowed to ride?
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses
- NEWS: Toronto councillors pitch idea for cycling detours where bike routes are disrupted