Ok, the headline of this post is a little misleading. I have plenty of complaints about cycling in Toronto. And, if you read BlogTO, you know that there’s a list and growing discussion of even more gripes going on there.
But… and this is a big BUT… nothing outweighs the benefits of cycling in Toronto…
We have trails through ravines!
We have a growing bike lane network!
We’re busting cops for parking in bike lanes!
We have a cyclists union!
We look damn good on our bikes!
We have more than 70 bike shops in Toronto!
However, I do have one big complaint… and boy-oh-boy is it a doosie!
There are simply not enough cyclists in Toronto.
That’s it, that’s my complaint.
Some days it’s just so lonely. I know there are thousands upon thousands of cyclists around. But, I want to see more… don’t you?
Join the discussion in the BikingToronto Forum
Photo via the BikingToronto Flickr Pool
Duncans City Ride: My One and Only Cycling Complaint about Toronto
November 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: College and Spadina under construction for most of April
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Being Hit by a Car and Vision Zero in Toronto
- NEWS: Women are the ‘indicator species’ for cycling safety
- NEWS: TTC’s new ‘bendy’ buses still without bicycle racks
- NEWS: Cycling: The great right-hand turn debate rages in Toronto
- NEWS: Should texting cyclists in Toronto be treated like distracted drivers?
- DEATH CAB: Toronto Cabbies to ILLEGALLY use Tablets instead of Radio Dispatch
- HELP WANTED: Hoopdriver Bicycles
- NEWS: Vaughan cycling group seeks bike space on proposed GTA West highway
- NEWS: Bikes included in re-development of Honest Ed’s property?