Ok, the headline of this post is a little misleading. I have plenty of complaints about cycling in Toronto. And, if you read BlogTO, you know that there’s a list and growing discussion of even more gripes going on there.
But… and this is a big BUT… nothing outweighs the benefits of cycling in Toronto…
We have trails through ravines!
We have a growing bike lane network!
We’re busting cops for parking in bike lanes!
We have a cyclists union!
We look damn good on our bikes!
We have more than 70 bike shops in Toronto!
However, I do have one big complaint… and boy-oh-boy is it a doosie!
There are simply not enough cyclists in Toronto.
That’s it, that’s my complaint.
Some days it’s just so lonely. I know there are thousands upon thousands of cyclists around. But, I want to see more… don’t you?
Join the discussion in the BikingToronto Forum
Photo via the BikingToronto Flickr Pool
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”