A male cyclist has died after being hit by a car in Mississauga on Tuesday evening.
The crash happened after 6:30 p.m. at Bloor Street and Runningbrook Drive, between Dixie and Tomken Roads.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The intersection has been shut down for the investigation and will likely remain closed for the rest of the night.
The driver remained at the scene.
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Mississauga
November 25, 2009 by
via the Biking Toronto Forum
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: TCAT Announces Scarborough Cycles
- FACEPALM: Old man yells at bicycles, and fish
- DO IT! Take a survey; help Toronto plan cycling infrastructure
- OH YEAH! Cycle Toronto’s #BloorLovesBikes campaign is here and it’s awesome
- NEWS: Car Columnist has trouble remembering bicycle turn signals; bitches about it
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists are feeling the construction crunch
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Utility poles installed in middle of Queens Quay bike lane
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists have hearts of gold (still)
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Great new brickwork on Queens Quay multi-use path
- OH YEAH: 5 quick fixes that would bring cycling in T.O. into the 21st century