A male cyclist has died after being hit by a car in Mississauga on Tuesday evening.
The crash happened after 6:30 p.m. at Bloor Street and Runningbrook Drive, between Dixie and Tomken Roads.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The intersection has been shut down for the investigation and will likely remain closed for the rest of the night.
The driver remained at the scene.
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Mississauga
November 25, 2009 by
via the Biking Toronto Forum
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH: Prince Edward Viaduct may keep those Jersey Barriers for ALL of Bike Month!
- REVIEW: Bike to Work Day 2015
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT – Fri, June 19: Welcome Back Queens Quay! Let’s Ride the Waterfront
- NEWS: Cyclist suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle in Rosedale
- NEWS: Bikes and cars: Where are cyclists allowed to ride?
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses