A male cyclist has died after being hit by a car in Mississauga on Tuesday evening.
The crash happened after 6:30 p.m. at Bloor Street and Runningbrook Drive, between Dixie and Tomken Roads.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The intersection has been shut down for the investigation and will likely remain closed for the rest of the night.
The driver remained at the scene.
Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Mississauga
November 25, 2009 by
via the Biking Toronto Forum
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Pedestrian and bicycle-friendly streets are Toronto’s road to good health: Report
- INFRASTRUCTURE: In Rosedale, a trail becomes a dividing line
- NEWS: All road users break the laws, not just cyclists
- NEWS: TTC streetcar hits cyclist on Spadina
- JOB: Cycle Toronto Communications & Outreach Coordinator
- NEWS: Pan Am Games velodrome gets thumbs up from cyclists
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto vows to improve winter bike-lane maintenance
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Self-Righteous Drivers still trying to drive in separated bikelanes.
- Still we ride? Checking out Toronto’s dwindling Critical Mass
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Wellesley West gets separated bikelanes