A male cyclist has died after being hit by a car in Mississauga on Tuesday evening.
The crash happened after 6:30 p.m. at Bloor Street and Runningbrook Drive, between Dixie and Tomken Roads.
The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The intersection has been shut down for the investigation and will likely remain closed for the rest of the night.
The driver remained at the scene.
Cyclist dies after being hit by car in Mississauga
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Bloor bike lanes delayed, again
- HELP WANTED: 3 Bike Jobs at Evergreen
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Despite drivers supporting it, Tory ready to scrap Bay-Bloor pedestrian scramble
- Garbage truck wrecks posts along Wellesley Street bikelane
- NEWS: Community Bicycle Network Closes Space, to focus on Events and Rides
- DATA: Where Torontonians Bike and Run
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists rally behind pitch for lower speed limits
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists gear up for ‘coldest’ ride
- ELSEWHERE: London is building Europe’s longest bike superhighway
- NEWS: Charge withdrawn against man involved in collision with Toronto city councillor