From Duncan’s City Ride:
What Could the Future Hold for Toronto’s Bicycle Station?
October 7, 2009 by
With only one bicycle station currently in Toronto, the lifetime membership doesn’t provide access to anything else, but that should change in the near future as some TTC stations (and hopefully elsewhere) begin adding their own bicycle stations.
However, since this is only a pilot project, then what could the future of bicycle stations in Toronto become?
First, let’s go to Chicago:
McDonald’s Cycle Center offers not only secure parking, but showers, repair service and even bicycle rentals. It’s essentially a one-stop shop for cyclists.
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT INFRASTRUCTURE POSTS:
- OH YEAH! It’s time bike lanes were installed everywhere in Toronto
- NEWS: Province of Ontario announces $10 million in #CycleON funding
- DO IT: Danforth Loves Bikes Pledge (and Pub Crawl)
- GET INVOLVED: Help Plan Toronto’s Bike Network
- VISION ZERO: A Road Safety Plan for Toronto
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto wants you to plan the future of cycling
- NEWS: Nearby bikeshare station may raise your home’s value
- OH YEAH! The Viaduct bikelanes get MORE green paint!
- FACEPALM: City closes Hoskin bikelane for PanAm Games
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Waterfront Toronto wants your feedback on the new Queen’s Quay