From Duncan’s City Ride:
Explore more posts like this:Recommended Lights
What Could the Future Hold for Toronto’s Bicycle Station?
October 7, 2009 by
With only one bicycle station currently in Toronto, the lifetime membership doesn’t provide access to anything else, but that should change in the near future as some TTC stations (and hopefully elsewhere) begin adding their own bicycle stations.
However, since this is only a pilot project, then what could the future of bicycle stations in Toronto become?
First, let’s go to Chicago:
McDonald’s Cycle Center offers not only secure parking, but showers, repair service and even bicycle rentals. It’s essentially a one-stop shop for cyclists.
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT INFRASTRUCTURE POSTS:
- OH YEAH: Prince Edward Viaduct may keep those Jersey Barriers for ALL of Bike Month!
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT: Fri, June19 – Waterfront Toronto launching new Queens Quay section of Martin-Goodman Trail
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses
- NEWS: Toronto councillors pitch idea for cycling detours where bike routes are disrupted
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle Brewery deploying bike repair stations across city (and the country)
- NEWS: Detours urged for cyclists during construction
- NEWS: Richmond and Adelaide cycle tracks to get major extension