Happy Friday to you. Here’s all your news from the past week!
- Queens Quay Revitalization Update
Waterfront Toronto has released their October newsletter, which includes an update on the Queens Quay Revitalization: Waterfront Toronto’s plan to transform Queens Quay into a grand lakefront boulevard was approved overwhelmingly at October’s City Council meeting. The recommendation to replace two lanes of traffic south of the streetcar tracks…
- Thank You – Cyclists Paving the Way
Cyclists make nice to drivers About 5,000 cards with the words “Thank You” have been printed for cyclists to give to deserving drivers, perhaps by tapping on the car window at a stop light, Bambrick said. A motorist who looks over his or her shoulder before swinging open their…
- Michael Bryant can’t drive, so he’s cycling
Lawyers to make court appearance in Bryant case Lawyers in the Michael Bryant case are expected to make a brief court appearance today, their first since the former attorney-general was charged in connection with the death of a cyclist. Dan Robertson of Navigator Limited, the public-relations firm hired by…
- 2009: A Good/Bad Year for Cycling?
A recent Torontoist post about the Bike Union’s BikeCampTO makes the argument that 2009 has been a bad year for cycling in the city. I commented on the post and listed 6 things (just to name a few) that have happened this year that makes it a GOOD year…
Sign up to a Weekly News Email!
Recent NEWS Posts:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?