The founder of the Share the Road Cycling Coalition is a tireless advocate in promoting the rights of cyclists on the streets and roads of Ontario. Her efforts were kicked into high gear following the tragic death of her husband, an OPP officer. He was killed by a motorist while on an off-duty training ride on his bicycle in 2006. Since then, McMahon has worked with others to successfully engage various levels of government and non-governmental organizations in Canada and the United States to work toward that seemingly elusive goal of sharing the road.
Ontario Bike Summit: Sept. 21-22
July 29, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Nearby bikeshare station may raise your home’s value
- NEWS: Cyclist dead following 2-vehicle collision on Dufferin St.
- OH YEAH! The Viaduct bikelanes get MORE green paint!
- FACEPALM: City closes Hoskin bikelane for PanAm Games
- OH YEAH! The Bloor Viaduct bikelane gets some green paint
- OH YEAH! Flower-filled Planter Boxes on Simcoe’s Separated Cycle Tracks!
- OH YEAH! Toronto sets 30 km/h speed limit for downtown residential streets
- NEWS: Walking, biking the deadliest commutes in Toronto
- OH YEAH! 30 km/h limits likely for local downtown streets
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists hold ‘die-in’ at Nathan Phillips Square