The founder of the Share the Road Cycling Coalition is a tireless advocate in promoting the rights of cyclists on the streets and roads of Ontario. Her efforts were kicked into high gear following the tragic death of her husband, an OPP officer. He was killed by a motorist while on an off-duty training ride on his bicycle in 2006. Since then, McMahon has worked with others to successfully engage various levels of government and non-governmental organizations in Canada and the United States to work toward that seemingly elusive goal of sharing the road.
Ontario Bike Summit: Sept. 21-22
July 29, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: College and Spadina under construction for most of April
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Being Hit by a Car and Vision Zero in Toronto
- NEWS: Women are the ‘indicator species’ for cycling safety
- NEWS: TTC’s new ‘bendy’ buses still without bicycle racks
- NEWS: Cycling: The great right-hand turn debate rages in Toronto
- NEWS: Should texting cyclists in Toronto be treated like distracted drivers?
- DEATH CAB: Toronto Cabbies to ILLEGALLY use Tablets instead of Radio Dispatch
- HELP WANTED: Hoopdriver Bicycles
- NEWS: Vaughan cycling group seeks bike space on proposed GTA West highway
- NEWS: Bikes included in re-development of Honest Ed’s property?