The founder of the Share the Road Cycling Coalition is a tireless advocate in promoting the rights of cyclists on the streets and roads of Ontario. Her efforts were kicked into high gear following the tragic death of her husband, an OPP officer. He was killed by a motorist while on an off-duty training ride on his bicycle in 2006. Since then, McMahon has worked with others to successfully engage various levels of government and non-governmental organizations in Canada and the United States to work toward that seemingly elusive goal of sharing the road.
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
Ontario Bike Summit: Sept. 21-22
July 29, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH: Prince Edward Viaduct may keep those Jersey Barriers for ALL of Bike Month!
- REVIEW: Bike to Work Day 2015
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT – Fri, June 19: Welcome Back Queens Quay! Let’s Ride the Waterfront
- NEWS: Cyclist suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle in Rosedale
- NEWS: Bikes and cars: Where are cyclists allowed to ride?
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses