Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar
As many of you know, the proposed 8% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) will directly impact you and future cyclists. By the end of 2010, the HST will apply to all things bicycle: bikes, helmets, bells, lights, tune-ups, etc.
We are having a press conference in front of Queen’s Park to show cyclist solidarity and make sure that the government understands that an 8% tax hike on all things bike is NOT how we roll. We’ll have a great line-up of people speaking on the issue but most of all, the presence of cyclists and their bikes in front of Queen’s Park.
Attached is a flyer (jpeg). Please spread this around to your networks and get folks on facebook to be part of the event. We’d like to see as many cyclists ride in to Queen’s Park for the press conference to begin at 10am. Let’s get this message across before it’s too late.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.
Ride or be Rode!
For More Info
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
BikeTax Rally at Queens Park Tomorrow
June 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- REVIEW: Bike to Work Day 2015
- NEWS: Should cyclists be allowed to ride through stop signs?
- OH YEAH: Rolling Youth into Toronto’s Bicycle Renaissance
- OH YEAH! Steamwhistle expands its network of bike repair stations
- NEWS: Why not make biking on sidewalks legal in the suburbs?
- EVENT – Fri, June 19: Welcome Back Queens Quay! Let’s Ride the Waterfront
- NEWS: Cyclist suffers serious injuries after being struck by vehicle in Rosedale
- NEWS: Bikes and cars: Where are cyclists allowed to ride?
- FACEPALM: TTC cuts bike rack spaces in half on some buses
- NEWS: Toronto councillors pitch idea for cycling detours where bike routes are disrupted