As many of you know, the proposed 8% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) will directly impact you and future cyclists. By the end of 2010, the HST will apply to all things bicycle: bikes, helmets, bells, lights, tune-ups, etc.
We are having a press conference in front of Queen’s Park to show cyclist solidarity and make sure that the government understands that an 8% tax hike on all things bike is NOT how we roll. We’ll have a great line-up of people speaking on the issue but most of all, the presence of cyclists and their bikes in front of Queen’s Park.
Attached is a flyer (jpeg). Please spread this around to your networks and get folks on facebook to be part of the event. We’d like to see as many cyclists ride in to Queen’s Park for the press conference to begin at 10am. Let’s get this message across before it’s too late.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.
Ride or be Rode!
For More Info
BikeTax Rally at Queens Park Tomorrow
June 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH! It’s time bike lanes were installed everywhere in Toronto
- NEWS: Province of Ontario announces $10 million in #CycleON funding
- NEWS: Hit and run kills cyclist in Milton
- VISION ZERO: A Road Safety Plan for Toronto
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto wants you to plan the future of cycling
- NEWS: Nearby bikeshare station may raise your home’s value
- NEWS: Cyclist dead following 2-vehicle collision on Dufferin St.
- OH YEAH! The Viaduct bikelanes get MORE green paint!
- FACEPALM: City closes Hoskin bikelane for PanAm Games
- OH YEAH! The Bloor Viaduct bikelane gets some green paint