Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar
As many of you know, the proposed 8% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) will directly impact you and future cyclists. By the end of 2010, the HST will apply to all things bicycle: bikes, helmets, bells, lights, tune-ups, etc.
We are having a press conference in front of Queen’s Park to show cyclist solidarity and make sure that the government understands that an 8% tax hike on all things bike is NOT how we roll. We’ll have a great line-up of people speaking on the issue but most of all, the presence of cyclists and their bikes in front of Queen’s Park.
Attached is a flyer (jpeg). Please spread this around to your networks and get folks on facebook to be part of the event. We’d like to see as many cyclists ride in to Queen’s Park for the press conference to begin at 10am. Let’s get this message across before it’s too late.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.
Ride or be Rode!
For More Info
Explore more posts like this: newsRecommended Lights
BikeTax Rally at Queens Park Tomorrow
June 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- OH YEAH! Cycle Toronto’s #BloorLovesBikes campaign is here and it’s awesome
- NEWS: Car Columnist has trouble remembering bicycle turn signals; bitches about it
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists are feeling the construction crunch
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Utility poles installed in middle of Queens Quay bike lane
- NEWS: Toronto cyclists have hearts of gold (still)
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Great new brickwork on Queens Quay multi-use path
- OH YEAH: 5 quick fixes that would bring cycling in T.O. into the 21st century
- HOW TO: Surviving city cycling
- NEWS: 5 myths about cyclists that drivers need to get over
- NEWS: Cycling group lobbies for boost in funding infrastructure outside of downtown Toronto