Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar RECENT NEWS POSTS:
As many of you know, the proposed 8% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) will directly impact you and future cyclists. By the end of 2010, the HST will apply to all things bicycle: bikes, helmets, bells, lights, tune-ups, etc.
We are having a press conference in front of Queen’s Park to show cyclist solidarity and make sure that the government understands that an 8% tax hike on all things bike is NOT how we roll. We’ll have a great line-up of people speaking on the issue but most of all, the presence of cyclists and their bikes in front of Queen’s Park.
Attached is a flyer (jpeg). Please spread this around to your networks and get folks on facebook to be part of the event. We’d like to see as many cyclists ride in to Queen’s Park for the press conference to begin at 10am. Let’s get this message across before it’s too late.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.
Ride or be Rode!
For More Info
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team