Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar
As many of you know, the proposed 8% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) will directly impact you and future cyclists. By the end of 2010, the HST will apply to all things bicycle: bikes, helmets, bells, lights, tune-ups, etc.
We are having a press conference in front of Queen’s Park to show cyclist solidarity and make sure that the government understands that an 8% tax hike on all things bike is NOT how we roll. We’ll have a great line-up of people speaking on the issue but most of all, the presence of cyclists and their bikes in front of Queen’s Park.
Attached is a flyer (jpeg). Please spread this around to your networks and get folks on facebook to be part of the event. We’d like to see as many cyclists ride in to Queen’s Park for the press conference to begin at 10am. Let’s get this message across before it’s too late.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly.
Ride or be Rode!
For More Info
BikeTax Rally at Queens Park Tomorrow
June 25, 2009 by
Planet Bike Light Combo
Planet Bike 5 LED Tail Light
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: College and Spadina under construction for most of April
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Being Hit by a Car and Vision Zero in Toronto
- NEWS: Women are the ‘indicator species’ for cycling safety
- NEWS: TTC’s new ‘bendy’ buses still without bicycle racks
- NEWS: Cycling: The great right-hand turn debate rages in Toronto
- NEWS: Should texting cyclists in Toronto be treated like distracted drivers?
- DEATH CAB: Toronto Cabbies to ILLEGALLY use Tablets instead of Radio Dispatch
- HELP WANTED: Hoopdriver Bicycles
- NEWS: Vaughan cycling group seeks bike space on proposed GTA West highway
- NEWS: Bikes included in re-development of Honest Ed’s property?