Love them! Especially 1st prizewinner. What’s the height, and the fabrication? hard to tell from the rendering. When it goes into production, will it be available for other locations in the city? I have a building in Leslieville, filled with artists/designers and a yoga studio, been trying to get bike racks….how will we ever be satisfied with ugly old bike racks now??!!
That’s a great question, K… I’ve asked it of the OCAD people I’m corresponding with. Thanks for bringing it up. :)
Nice. Unless you want to actually lock your bike to it! never good to have those wide posts because it so limits options for locks and locking. Was usability not a concern? :-(
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Vaughan cycling group seeks bike space on proposed GTA West highway
- NEWS: Bikes included in re-development of Honest Ed’s property?
- NEWS: Toronto’s new bicycle czar ‘excited’ by surge in ridership
- NEWS: Toronto’s new bike chief pedals peace on hot-button file
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Bloor bike lanes delayed, again
- HELP WANTED: 3 Bike Jobs at Evergreen
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Despite drivers supporting it, Tory ready to scrap Bay-Bloor pedestrian scramble
- Garbage truck wrecks posts along Wellesley Street bikelane
- NEWS: Community Bicycle Network Closes Space, to focus on Events and Rides
- DATA: Where Torontonians Bike and Run