Love them! Especially 1st prizewinner. What’s the height, and the fabrication? hard to tell from the rendering. When it goes into production, will it be available for other locations in the city? I have a building in Leslieville, filled with artists/designers and a yoga studio, been trying to get bike racks….how will we ever be satisfied with ugly old bike racks now??!!
That’s a great question, K… I’ve asked it of the OCAD people I’m corresponding with. Thanks for bringing it up.
Nice. Unless you want to actually lock your bike to it! never good to have those wide posts because it so limits options for locks and locking. Was usability not a concern?
|comments powered by Disqus|
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- NEWS: Bike Share Toronto Data Released
- EVENT: Sun, Sept 14 – Toronto Bicycle Music Festival
- UPDATE: The Viaduct Bikelane is closed and an awesome temporary one has been created
- UPDATE: Bloor Viaduct bikelanes closed (temporary ones coming?)
- UNACCEPTABLE: Bloor Viaduct bikelanes closed (and no temporary ones provided)
- NEWS: Cyclist struck by van in Brampton
- NEWS: Bike Share struggling with repair problem
- TOMORROW! Sun, Aug 17 – Open Streets TO opens up major roads on Sunday
- NEWS: Brookfield will no longer remove bikes at Yonge & Bloor
- NEWS: Brookfield’s bike-cutting excuse is bunk: property law expert