Love them! Especially 1st prizewinner. What’s the height, and the fabrication? hard to tell from the rendering. When it goes into production, will it be available for other locations in the city? I have a building in Leslieville, filled with artists/designers and a yoga studio, been trying to get bike racks….how will we ever be satisfied with ugly old bike racks now??!!
That’s a great question, K… I’ve asked it of the OCAD people I’m corresponding with. Thanks for bringing it up.
Nice. Unless you want to actually lock your bike to it! never good to have those wide posts because it so limits options for locks and locking. Was usability not a concern?
|comments powered by Disqus|
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Wellesley West gets separated bikelanes
- NEWS: Toronto to spend $650,000 to plow snowy bike lanes
- NEWS: Bike Share Toronto expansion coming in 2015 with TD sponsorship
- NEWS: John Tory to make Bikeshare announcement
- INFRASTRUCTURE: More Bollards go in on Richmond
- GET INVOLVED: Take the Sunnyside Bike Park Survey
- NEWS: Toronto to narrow traffic lanes in hopes of increasing safety
- What Happened at the 2014 Toronto Bike Awards?
- OH YEAH: Help raise $20,000 for Street Smarts and get a charitable tax receipt!
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Introducing the King High Line