A taxi driver charged in connection with a hit and run involving a cyclist in downtown Toronto, has been denied bail.
Sultan Ahmed, of Maple, Ont., faces six charges, including aggravated assault and assault with a weapon, after an incident on Nov. 14, in which cyclist Chris Kasztelewicz was badly injured.
Police say there was an altercation near the intersection of Dovercourt Road and Argyle Street which ended with Kasztelewicz, 36, being crushed against a hydro pole by a taxi.
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes