Posted: 27 Nov 2008 03:05 PM CST
Ana this is great one !!!
(click through for the entire comment)
|comments powered by Disqus|
Most Popular Posts This Week
- UNACCEPTABLE: Bloor Viaduct bikelanes closed (and no temporary ones provided):
UPDATE: It sounds like temporary bikelanes are coming. Maybe. Hopefully.
I just rode home over the viaduct and sections of the eastbound bikelane are closed. Giant jersey concrete barriers are in the way with signs saying the bikelane is closed and cyclists should merge with traffic.
I can't, as someone who rides the viaduct twice a day, and takes my daughter downtown in our ...
- UPDATE: The Viaduct Bikelane is closed and an awesome temporary one has been created:
SUPERB news from the City of Toronto. After a construction contractor improperly closed the Bloor Viaduct bikelane (one of the few options for east end cyclists to cross the Don Valley) and put up signs advising cyclists to merge with very very fast motor vehicle traffic, myself and other cyclists in the city were obviously upset. Much credit goes to Jared Kolb of Cycle Toronto for liaisin...
- HOW TO: 15 things you need to bike in Toronto:
Great little guide to biking stuff in Toronto from BlogTO. True, most of the links are to other BlogTO articles, but it's a start. You may also want to check out the How-To resources here on Biking Toronto.
Cycling in Toronto, depending on who you ask, is a risky move, a political statement, or an incredibly rewarding way to get yourself from point A to point B. With cycling-focused inf...
- UPDATE: Bloor Viaduct bikelanes closed (temporary ones coming?):
Last night I posted about an unacceptable situation unfolding on the Bloor Viaduct. Construction barricades have been set up to perform work on the bridge (nature of the work detailed a bit below), with signs that cyclists should "share the road" with motor traffic.
Anyone who has biked the Viaduct knows that "sharing the road" is NOT an option here, with cars and giant trucks regular spe...
- ELSEWHERE: Los Angeles bike trains - beating the traffic in a car-centric city:
This is pretty awesome. I wonder if we can get Cycle Toronto Ward groups to start Bike Trains for commutes downtown?
Los Angeles is one of the world's most car-centric cities, and when self-professed fearless cyclist Nona Varnado moved there from New York, she faced very real anxiety when trying to share the road with drivers who, she says, would kill you to save two seconds.
- New on the Toronto Stolen Bike Listing:
People post pleas for their stolen bikes all over the place… facebook, twitter, craigslist… probably other places.
BikingToronto is testing out a few different systems and techniques that will try and pull people’s listings from some of these places AND allow people to post stolen bikes directly to BikingToronto. Hopefully it can provide a good aggregation of stolen bike listings, pe...
- PHOTO OF THE DAY: Commuter:
Source: Original photo - by Eric.Parker on Flickr.
See this and 7,000+ other amazing bike photos in the Biking Toronto Flickr Group.
- ELSEWHERE: bike lane protection style from China: the low fence:
Here in the United States, designers of bike-friendly streets probably don't spend enough time talking about the biggest of the world's great bike countries: China.
"I'm a big fan of the low fences used in Beijing and other Chinese cities," reader Charlie writes, pointing us to the photo above. "They are modular and easy to install, yet quite effective."
More: A bike lane protection style...
- STUFF: 6 Handy Rear Bicycle Baskets:
Rear baskets are a great way to comfortably carry bags, pursues, groceries, and even pets. With a wide variety to choose from, there's a style and size of basket perfectly suited to your city bike.
More: 6 Handy Rear Bicycle Baskets - Momentum Mag....
- ELSEWHERE: Why don’t more African-Americans ride bicycles?:
From the states, but equally applicable here?
It took a week in Copenhagen for Albus Brooks to start thinking seriously about bicycling.
The Denver city councilman, 35, had never owned a bike. By the time he headed home from a study tour in Denmark last month, he knew those days were over.
"We biked every day, so I found myself, on a personal point, increasingly happy," Brooks said, l...
Filed Under: news
RECENT NEWS POSTS:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Chorley Park Switchback offers access to beautiful piece of Toronto
- NEWS: Bike Share Toronto Data Released
- EVENT: Sun, Sept 14 – Toronto Bicycle Music Festival
- UPDATE: The Viaduct Bikelane is closed and an awesome temporary one has been created
- UPDATE: Bloor Viaduct bikelanes closed (temporary ones coming?)
- UNACCEPTABLE: Bloor Viaduct bikelanes closed (and no temporary ones provided)
- NEWS: Cyclist struck by van in Brampton
- NEWS: Bike Share struggling with repair problem
- TOMORROW! Sun, Aug 17 – Open Streets TO opens up major roads on Sunday
- NEWS: Brookfield will no longer remove bikes at Yonge & Bloor
accident adelaide advocacy bikelanes bikemonth bike union bikingtoronto bixi bixi toronto critical mass cupcake ride cycle toronto dandyhorse duncan election elsewhere events flickr group ride how-to I Bike T.O. ibiketo infrastructure jarvis jarvis street maps news news cycle photo of the day photos politics richmond safety separated bikelanes shirts stuff sweet ride t-shirts tweed ride video wards weekly weekly events weekly news winter