“The cyclist was travelling westbound, was wearing a helmet and taking all the necessary precautions as far as clothing and visibility,” Sgt. Tim Burrows said. “For whatever reason the cyclist was just not seen by the driver of the 4Runner.”
Police said the man’s family asked them not to release his name.
The Sun also has a video about this, which I’ve embedded below (there’s an ad first though):
- OH YEAH: BikingToronto has 6000 posts. So what?
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches