Sad news from the streets this morning:
Cyclist dies in west-end accident
The westbound cyclist was hit at the intersection of Trethewey Dr. and Tedder St. at about 8 a.m. by a 4Runner making a left turn, said Toronto police Sgt. Tim Burrows.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man driving the 4 Runner remained at the scene and is fully co-operating with police, Burrows said, adding that no decision had been made on whether charges would be laid.
The cyclist had a credit card but was not carrying photo identification. He was wearing a helmet.
More at the Toronto Star.
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”