The Rogers bike lane has been installed from Oakwood Avenue to Old Weston Road. Come join the City’s cycling staff celebrate this new bike lane on Thursday July 3rd from 8 to 10 a.m. at Boon Avenue & Rogers Road. There will be free coffee, juice and treats! ZM Cycle & Fitness will also provide free bike repairs at the event.
The installation of the Rogers bike lane brings the total length of bike lanes in Toronto at 78.6 kilometers. The Bike Plan call for the installation of nearly 500 kilometers of bike lanes by 2012 – and this new bike lane brings us one step closer to achieving our goal.
In the event of heavy rain or thunderstorms, please join us on our rain date on Wednesday July 9th.
I hope they keep doing this for bike lanes as they are installed…
If you have questions about this event, contact Alex Bowron with the City of Toronto at (416) 338-5091 or email@example.com
Upcoming Events on the BikeEvents.TO calendar
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”