BikeFriday is an initiative to promote (and encourage) bike events happening in Toronto on the last friday of every month, with the aim of turning that day into a de facto “Bike Day” that happens once a month.
Citizens, politicians and businesses in Toronto all want our air to be cleaner, or streets to be less congested, and our kids to be healthier… and a good way to help achieve these goals is to promote the bicycle as a way of making short trips around the city.
Join leading thinkers, practitioners and decision-makers who are on the fast track to creating bikeable communities. Bike Summit 2008 will be held on Friday April 25th at the St. Lawrence Hall in Toronto. Bike Summit Website
Critical Mass is an event typically held on the last Friday of every month in cities around the world where bicyclists take to the streets en masse. The purpose of Critical Mass is not formalized beyond the direct action of meeting at a set location and time and traveling as a group through city or town streets. [from Wikipedia]
Bloor & Spadina – meet at 6:00, ride at 6:30
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches
- OH YEAH: Join Bike Share Toronto’s Social Media Team
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes