Just before the Oscars, I posted about Ellen Page, who uses a bicycle for her main mode of transportation around her hometown of Halifax.
Now comes an article from USA Weekend (I think it’s part of USA Today) about Rachel McAdams – who is often papparazied (is that a word) on two wheels when in Toronto. The article has a lot of celebrity “fluff”, but I have to admire that Rachel is one of those celebrities who is serious about being green:
What did you do during your sabbatical?
I bought a house in Toronto. I spent time there with my family members and friends. I traveled to Europe. I started doing yoga. Actually, I really got into yoga — Kundalini — and love it. I also started a website with friends [greenissexy.org]… How do you live green?
I don’t own a car. In Toronto, my bike is my car.
Rachel last summer:
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”