It’s something that should happen all the time, but the threat of a TTC Strike brings out the carpool plans and the extra bike parking:
The Hospital for Sick Children has organized an internal electronic message board so staff – about 6,000 people – can organize car pools, said Helen Simeon, director of public affairs. The hospital is installing extra bike racks and encouraging staff to cycle to work. …
As part of the [Royal York] hotel’s contingency plan for snowstorms and transit strikes, car-pooling assignments are already drawn up according to where staff live and the shifts they work, and additional bike racks will be available for employees.
More at the Star.
TTC Strike Posts:
- Cyclist Only Lanes included in TTC Strike Traffic Plan
- Bike The Strike!
- Getting People on Bikes if the TTC Strikes
- More Detail about Dedicated Bike Lanes if the TTC Strikes
- Bike the TTC Strike – A Guide for Biking to Work
Photo by lostpup.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”