Critical Mass is an event typically held on the last Friday of every month in cities around the world where bicyclists take to the streets en masse. The purpose of Critical Mass is not formalized beyond the direct action of meeting at a set location and time and traveling as a group through city or town streets. [from Wikipedia]
Bloor & Spadina – meet at 6:00, ride at 6:30
“If you’ve never heard Bob speak, you’re in for a treat. He’s passionate, radical, poetic, inspirational. He’s really the grand daddy of the bicycle movement in Canada. As founder of Le Monde a Bicyclette in Montreal in the 70’s alongside Claire Morrisette, he kicked off the Canadian movement for cyclists rights. As Moses he parted the waters to protest cyclists not being allowed on the bridge, and the protests continued through the 80’s to get access to the metro, buses, bike lanes, and much more. Cycling in Mtl is decades ahead of Smogtown because of his (and Claire’s) visionary leadership. They paved the way for Velo Quebec which has moved cycling facilities to the best on the continent.”
761 Queen St West
- Goldsprint races
- DJs – Rollin Cash – Dope breaks, Jazz, funk, dub…(http://www.djrollincash.com)
- DJ Anatone aka Mr. Jesse Morrison – Deep, dark, funky! (http://www.myspace.com/anatonemusic)
- Bike Bondage! Check out our installation of art bikes beautifully bound in rope in the shibari tradition. Artfully done by Lord Morpheous. (http://www.lordmorpheous.com/)
- Bike films, visuals and sexy surprises to come!
- 5$ at door
- Free admission if you are dressed like a bicycle!