BikeFriday is here again! Whee! Here’s the schedule, and I’ve linked to the facebook pages for each event so you can see who you can meet at each event!
BikePools / Group Commutes
The concept is simple – let’s meet up in groups and ride to work together. Biking to work can sometimes be dangerous – but it’s safer when you ride with other people.
Drivers are a lot more careful around groups of cyclists. Riding in a group encourages novice cyclists to participate and makes cyclists more visible to motorists. Organized rides also show motorists that cycling is a viable alternative to driving.
If you already ride your bike to work, why not invite others to join you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your BikeFriday route posted on this website.
Recent NEWS Posts:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?