Well, tonight (Wednesday April 18th, 2007 at 7:30 p.m.), there will be a Community Consultation Meeting regarding Dedicated Streetcar Lanes on King Street West.The meeting will be held at City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, in Committee Room 2 on the second floor.
Councillor Adam Vaughan and Toronto Transit Chair, Councillor Adam Giambrone invite you to discuss a proposal for a temporary, reserved right-of-way on a four to five block section of King Street for the summer of 2008. The area under consideration is the Entertainment District on King Street West.
Please attend this meeting and invite your neighbours and friends. If you are unable to attend and would like to voice your opinion or concerns, please contact: Angela Kinnear, Executive Assistant, Councillor Vaughan, at Telephone: 416 392 4044 Fax: 416 392 4130 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a chance, get to the meeting and let them know you want bikelanes. Think about how cool that little diagram at the top of this post would look with nice bikelanes between the streetcar tracks and the sidewalks / car traffic.
If you can’t make it, phone (416-392-4130) or email Councillor Adam Vaughan’s assistent Angela to let them know… especially if you live in Adam’s Ward!
More info on the King Street Transit Mall:
- Transit Toronto feature
- Toronto Star article
- Star Public Feedback
- Colour Diagram from the Star (PDF)
Recent NEWS Posts:
- EVENT: Tues, Aug. 12 – Tune-Up Tuesday at College/Shaw Library
- ELSEWHERE: Brooklyn Whole Foods to deliver by cargo bike
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”