From the City of Toronto:
Councillor Fletcher‘s office has requested that the Toronto cyclist community be kept informed of upcoming construction work on Dundas Street. The Dundas streetcar tracks are being reconstructed from Broadview Avenue in the east to Howard Park in the west, including the DVP and Sorauren Bridges. For safety reasons, cyclists are encouraged to dismount and walk on the sidewalks within each of the construction zones.If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to write (email@example.com) or call 416-392-6900.
- TTC Construction Notices ( with PDF of Reconstruction Details)
- TTC Service Disruptions (with PDF of the Customer Notice)
The 2nd PDF shows a couple stages of streetcar diversion – so it’s my favourite.
They re-did my streetcar line of choice (the 506 College) a couple years ago, and the streetcar diversions were making my commute to work so lengthy that I tried cycling… and the rest, as they say, is history.
- OH YEAH: BikingToronto has 6000 posts. So what?
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Toronto is moving some Ring-and-Posts, and letting people know
- INFRASTRUCTURE: 15 photos of the stunning new BMX park in Toronto
- NEWS: Foot path at Dufferin Grove Park honours cyclist Jenna Morrison
- NEWS: Cycle Toronto’s Ward 15 Group Launches