Who else rode in the wonderful refreshing rain this morning?
When Tracy and I got out of bed around 6:45-ish, it was rainly lightly with thunderstorms threatening – and Tracy made me promise to not ride to work in the thunder and lightning.
I had to keep my promise… and yet… the weather forecasters were calling for sunshine and 22 degrees for this afternoon (and were right!), so I couldn’t TTC it to work, because riding a streetcar in that kind of weather when you could be biking is pure torture. Torture that you pay $2.75 for.
Therefore, I waited until the angels had finished bowling and the bolts of electricity had stopped charging around the sky, and biked in through a refreshing downpour (which was both light and heavy at times, and at times non-existent over my 25 minute commute).
Now I’ll get to bike home, in October, in beautiful weather – ecstatic that I can do it in shorts and a t-shirt, and a little disappointed that it may be the last time until May.Recent NEWS Posts:
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Richmond and Adelaide being prepped for new bikelanes
- NEWS: Canada Post “apologizes” after telling cyclist to “go f-k yourself”, and it’s not nearly enough
- NEWS: Canada Post driver parks in bikelane, tells cyclist recording it to “go f–k yourself!”
- NEWS: Bay Street gets a bikelane! (for one miserable block)
- OH YEAH! Is Bicycling a Form of Preventive Health Care?